Mammut Classic HMS/Pear Screwgate Carabiner
The Classic HMS Screwgate is a medium-size versatile pear-shaped carabiner. It is suitable for constructing belay stations and for belaying using an HMS knot or belay device; it allows the rope to run smoothly and reduces wear.
The screw locking is easy to operate even in icy or dirty environments. The key lock nose ensures easy clipping and unclipping without snagging. The orange marking is an additional safety feature, acting as a warning if the carabiner is not screwed closed.
• All-around medium-size carabiner
• Optimum shape for belaying with HMS knots
• Developed to allow improved rope passage and reduced wear
• Orange marking provides a warning if the carabiner is not screwed closed
• Key lock nose for easy clipping and unclipping without snagging
• Easy to operate screw locking, even in dirty and icy environments
• Horizontal breaking load: 9 kN
• Vertical breaking load: 24 kN
• Open breaking load: 8 kN
• Weight: 63 g
• The masterpoint of your anchor
• The carabiner for your belay device