I'm an avid climber, hiker, traveller and lover of all things outdoors! I am a certified rock climbing instructor under the climbing federation of Quebec (FQME). I am based in Montreal and have been guiding rock climbing trips for the past 5 years.
I am passionate about rock climbing outdoors and fell in love with rock climbing during my travels. I spent the last 10 years travelling the world, combining my love for climbing, adventure, travel, and the outdoors. For the past 6 years I have accumulated experience climbing on various types of rock, learning different skills and climbing techniques that I now share with my students and clients.
In 2016, I created Climbing Escapes after noticing the lack of accessibility of rock climbing outdoors for beginners in Quebec. I want to empower people, no matter their background and experience, to try rock climbing in a safe and fun environment.
Climbing Escapes is for anyone who wants to get out of their comfort zone, learn rock climbing skills and techniques, in a safe environment, no matter their experience, their strength or their fear of heights.
● Thailand (Koh Tao, Chiang Mai & Tonsai) - 2014-2015
● Australia (Grampians, Arapiles and other crags in Victoria) - 2015
● Nepal (Kathmandu & Pokhara) - 2014-2016
● Quebec, CA - 2015-Present
● Alberta, CA (Banff, Canmore, Kananaskis) - 2017 & 2019
● Italy (Arco & Val Di Mello) - 2018
● U.S.A (California & Kentucky) - 2018
● Vietnam (Cat Ba Island) - 2019
● Philippines (Cebu & Iloilo Island) - 2019
● Greece (Kalymnos) - 2019
● Morocco (Todra Gorges & Taghia) - 2019
● Mexico (El Potrero Chico) - 2020
● Squamish, BC - 2020
● Skaha, Penticton BC - 2020
● Ice climbing in Quebec - 2021
MY TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
● Monitrice Rocher at Climbing Escapes (QC) - 2016-present
● Lead Instructor at Allez Up (QC) - 2019-present
● Monitrice Rocher Camps de Jour at Allez Up (QC) - Summer 2019
● I travelled solo for 3 years in Australia and South East Asia
● I trekked Everest Base Camp via Gokyo Lakes at the altitude of 5550m (Nepal, 2014)
● I reached Everest Base Camp from the Tibet side too (China, 2014)
● I built a school from scratch and temporary shelters with the non-profit I founded in Nepal (2015 - 2016)
● I lived the van life while crossing the Australian East Coast (2014)
● I bungee jumped 160m over a river in Nepal (2018)
● I hiked to the active “volcano Fuego” in Guatemala (2017)
● I hitchhiked across Morocco while backpacking (2019)
“Truly a wonderful experience with Climbing Escapes! No experience at rock climbing whatsoever, Emma is truly a professional & a great instructor to have. Very knowledgeable, encouraging, and patient with everyone. She made sure that we were all secure in our gear and climb.”
“An absolute amazing experience with Climbing Escapes!! Emma is an excellent instructor - knowledgeable, patient, encouraging, positive and passionate. I didn’t have experience with rock climbing and with Emma’s guidance and expertise, she totally made me comfortable, at ease and confident to climb.”